When you eat at a restaurant, what do you do with leftovers?

Do you take them home in a "to go" bag (hate to call it doggy bag)? Just curious, I always take stuff home and thought some friends of mine were of the same mindset. But we went out to dinner recently and they left mountains of food behind. Don't know if it was because this place was more expensive than where we usually eat? I hope they didn't leave it because taking it home would appear "low class." They are single, by the way. Anyhoo, no shame in my game. If I take leftovers home, it means I get a little more bang for my buck and it's one less meal I have to cook. Whether I am in a fancy schmancy place or Mickey Ds, if I can save anything, I will :) Just wondering what you ladies do when you are out and about.

Kumbaya

Asked by Kumbaya at 9:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm spending cash and I didn't eat all my food then Toya is sayin "GIMMEE MY FOOD FOOL" lol

No, but I always get a to go bag, unless it was gross to begin with
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I depends. If we are going straight home and there was a lot of lefter food and we liked it, we will take it home. But quite often we don't go straight home so I leave it because I will just have to throw it away anyways after it's been sitting in the car too long.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Oh yeah...I always take half my meal home, I can never eat it all and it's nice to have it later on...I could give a crap what anyone thinks but I don't think it's frowned on or seen as classless anyway, I've seen wealthy people do it as well.
    Anonymous

• I always take stuff home. DH has a habit of ordering stuff after I tell him he won't like it. So I take his food home and turn it into what he thought he was getting. Steak fries became hashbrowns recently. Leftover chicken usually becomes a salad topper.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i leave it
    Anonymous

• I paid for you, you better believe I take it home and eat it later! LOL

well, except for fried foods since those never microwave real well.
    Anonymous

• I take it home unless it was gross and no one liked it, or if we're away from home and don't have a way to keep it cool. But yeah, for the most part, if I'm paying for it, I want to eat it all, even if some of it's reheated - I've had some meals that the leftovers were better than the first time around!
    Anonymous

• I usually take it, unless it was gross or there is only a teeny bit.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 9:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i take it home and have it for lunch the next day.. but if it was gross then i might leave it there..but 99 % of the time i take it home.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• It depends on whether or not it will reheat well, and how long it will sit in the car before going into the fridge.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2010