Oh goodie!!! DS finally pooped after five days of no poop! How long has your baby gone without pooping?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 9:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd say 5-6 days, when she was 2 1/2 months. She is breastfed. My fiances family was freaking out telling me that I had to be more responsible and take her to the hospital. Basically calling me a bad mom because I wasn't taking her. What they didn't know is, I already talked to the doctor about it and they said it's normal and unless she's having pain or she is straining, there's no need to take her in.
    When she went, she went ALOT. I should have let them clean it.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• 2 weeks -I had to take her in every couple of days for doc to, sorry tmi fingertest, to see if stool was there. My stopping drinking cow's milk from going in my breast milk to help her colic happened, then right after that she didn't poo for two weeks- she was nearly two months old when this happened 22 years ago.

Since then she's been full of sh- in more ways than one!!!! But worth every bit!!!!

Congratulations mommy on baby's accomplishment!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My oldest once went 11 days. It freaked me out, but his doc said it was normal in breastfed babies. Man when he finally did go it was a horrible mess. His baby swing was full, it was dripping on the floor and he was happily playing in it.
    My MIL who was reading a book on the couch freaked out when she saw the mess. She started screaming "OMG look at all the pooooooooo!".
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• 8 or 9 days, though this is normal and safe with an EBF baby.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• never 5 days. LOL i would have had my kid at the Dr office having it scooped out long beforehand! LOL
    my son did go 3 days, but at the Dr office he was so upset he finally squeeked it out. THANK GOODNESS
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2010