Boys and Barbies

Is it normal for 5 y old boy to play with barbies , coloring barbie coloring pages, print barbie, ect..... ?
Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would say yes. Neither of my sons have ever been fixated on it, but every child is different. Does he play trucks and stuff too?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My son did, because his younger sister had them - so I got him two of the boy barbies (stephen and ken) and let him play with her. She also played with his Star Wars people, so I got her two different Princess Leia's.
    But if he doesn't outgrow his fixation soon, he might get made fun of by "friends" at school. Maybe you should buy him some more appropriate action figures and see if he just wants to pretend and the only thing he knows are barbies.

Answer by missanc at 11:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• At 5 years old children arent worried about gender toys so much. Like the others suggested perhaps gt him some boy action figures/barbie Kens etc. If it was a daughter playing with "boy" toys would it bother you? Adults should take cues from the kids :). Dont worry............

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Its fine... my daughter and her male cousin trade toys like that... theyll play barbies and then they will get out boxing gloves and go at it.. they are just kids. I think it is great that he feels such acceptance in your house that he can play with what ever he likes.
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 4:19 AM on Feb. 23, 2010