I know this will sound silly to some of you, but

I'm on a diet and using a calorie counter and I am having trouble eating enough to hit the target # of calories. I'm down by like 700 every day, but I feel full. I am eating very healthy foods, but most of which are very low in calories. Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: 1 blueberry pancake and one egg (no butter, syrup), 1 8oz glass of skim milk

Lunch: 1 veggie burger with cheese (no bun), 1tb of ketchup, 1 slice of whole grain bread with 1tb of peanut butter and 1 cup of steamed cauliflower

Dinner: 2 cups of steamed broccoli, 1 large baked potato about 2tb of light margarine

Dessert: 1 ice cream sandwich

Should I stress over getting the last 700 calories or just say "Hey, I ate a lot and I'm full." I also drink tons of water throughout the day. I don't drink anything, but water except a glass of milk with breakfast.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like your eating right to me (even though I don't' think you should eat dairy, but I'm a vegan lol). As long as your full I wouldn't worry about it. I'm probably only eating about 900 calories a day and I'm always full and always eating.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• sounds pretty healthy. you should talk to your Dr too to make sure you are getting enough nutrients. are you taking vitamins?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• However, no where in there is a piece of fruit. The blueberry muffin doesn't count. I would up your fruit in take. Try and get at least two cups in. Maybe one a breakfast and one with dessert.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Yes, I take a Women's One a day vitamin, a calcium supplement and a Fish oil(3x) every day.
    Anonymous

• Oh, I usually eat tons of fruit, but I have already eaten all by 2 apples and 1 pear. We just bought a big bag of oranges and after only 2 days they are squishy and NASTY! So, otherwise I would have snacked on an orange already today. I will probably eat an apple here in a little bit. I try to save the fruit for late night snacks instead of eating other things.
    Anonymous

• *all BUT 2 apples.....
    Anonymous

• Oh I see...
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2010