I know this will sound silly to some of you, but

I'm on a diet and using a calorie counter and I am having trouble eating enough to hit the target # of calories. I'm down by like 700 every day, but I feel full. I am eating very healthy foods, but most of which are very low in calories. Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: 1 blueberry pancake and one egg (no butter, syrup), 1 8oz glass of skim milk

Lunch: 1 veggie burger with cheese (no bun), 1tb of ketchup, 1 slice of whole grain bread with 1tb of peanut butter and 1 cup of steamed cauliflower

Dinner: 2 cups of steamed broccoli, 1 large baked potato about 2tb of light margarine

Dessert: 1 ice cream sandwich

Should I stress over getting the last 700 calories or just say "Hey, I ate a lot and I'm full." I also drink tons of water throughout the day. I don't drink anything, but water except a glass of milk with breakfast.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• lmfao, the pp says put fat in, but no sugar! hahaha. you're fine and if you hit your target faster that's even better. just don't think you can reuse the calories another day unless you are on weight watchers.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Where are the snacks? You are supposed to eat more than just 3 meals a day. That keeps your blood sugar from spiking...like it did with your potato. Where's your fat? Don't use light margarine...use real butter. A little fat is necessary. The ketchup is full of sugar. Try mustard instead. You need to balance better.
    Anonymous

• Ketchup is full of sugar? Are you seriously bashing the ONE TABLESPOON of ketchup I had all day? Oh and where's the fat? I had 41 grams of fat! So there's the fat! Since when is a snack mandatory? If I'm not hungry, why the hell would I snack?
    Anonymous

• If you're getting the results you're after don't stress it but break it down more like smaller meals throughout the day.

Breakfast
    AM snack
    Lunch
    PM snack
    Dinner

Sounds like you are doing good, just shift it a bit. For example, the whole grain bread w/ PB from lunch could be AM snack and the broccoli /cauliflower from lunch & dinner could be PM snack.

Most nutrition programs state, you should have something every few hours.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 8:56 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• How long have you been living on 700 calories a day?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• You're not getting enough protein. When you decrease your daily calories by too much your body will begin to take from your muscle for energy.
    You also didn't mention any exercise. You can lose a ton of weight by cutting calories but if you are not finding the correct balance of calories, carbs, fats, proteins and exercise you will begin to put a lot of strain on your heart and become very unhealthy.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i wouldn't stress it, if your full, your full, why train your body to eat more than it needs? Just keep with it! And don't add anymore fat. lmao. AND ENJOY YOUR TABLESPOON OF KETCHUP! :) haha.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 10:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2010