Birth control, did it work for you?

I was on birth control when I got pregnant... any one else? (the pill, but if i did screw up on it i avoided sex until i was back on track)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I actaully was on Yaz and then I changed because it was really expensive.. changed to a different pill but was a lower dosage... and here I am 40 weeks and 3 days.
    Anonymous

• first child was the pill, condom , spermacide, and foam. still got pregnant
    second was condoms and spermacide still got pregnant
    yeah LOL i am or was a baby factory. my third was planned
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i've used the pill for years and it's always worked for me. it's only as effective as the info. pamphlet claims when taken at the EXACT same time every day. even being late by a few hrs can mess up some brands. all my pregnancies were while i was purposely off the pill to TTC.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 10:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• my 1st i was on the pill and got pregnant and my 2nd i was taking Depo shot and used a condom! Me and birth control don't do well together
    theladybugscafe

Answer by theladybugscafe at 11:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• The pill worked. Condoms always do. There really is no reason for you to get pregnant if you take the pill EVERY day. Birth control worked for me .
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Our youngest is now 19 months old...I got the paraguard IUD at my 6 week PP check up. In Nov of last year I developed an infection from it, and had to have it removed. Couldn't get another one, so I got Yaz. I've had IUD's since my 2nd baby was born (almost 6 years ago) so I had kinda forgotten all the little intricate details about pills. Started the pack in December when I got my period. I got sick in January and was prescribed antibiotics. Doc idn't say anything to me, and I sure didn't remember. Now that i'm pregnant and we can go back and look at the dates, I was ovulating during the time I was taking the antbiotics. And now hereI we are. Almost 8 weeks prego.

So...it was kind of a birth control failure, and also not, because you're supposed to abstain or use backup if you take antibiotics. I guess you would say it was a combo birth control and user failure.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2010