Any ideas for exercise after having baby?

Any good exercise routines after having a baby?
And if not breastfeeding, a perfect diet to go on too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Walking while carrying baby in sling is truly the best, eat lots of veggies and drink a lot of water that helps keep calories down.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• lots of water, lots of protein, low or no carbs, fruits & veggies. & exercise as much you can.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Well, I'm doing the Jillian Michaels Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism workout and WOW is it a hell of a workout! I would try a workout video since you probably can't get out of the house much with a brand new little one. Once the spring/summer get here, you can put your little one in the stroller and go for long walks during nap time. Also, if you have time, you can track your calorie intake at Sparkpeople.com or Everydayhealth.com. Good luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Check out this website:
    demandfitness.com

They have tons of aerobics classes online and you just pay a 15/month membership. I LOVE IT. I just plug my laptop into my TV and do a different class everyday. Today was Cardio Striptease! Oh, and they have prenatal and postnatal classes :)
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 12:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• When driving, suck in your stomach to the beat of the music (great for abs)
    Dance while cleaning (works all muscles, and makes cleaning more fun)
    Replace computer chair w/ exercise ball

How about a variety of Crunches? Takes 10 minutes or so and works the core & abs.

You can do "normal crunches"
    Side crunches -lie on back, feet in air, arms behind your head then crunch" side to side like you are trying to get your elbows and knees to meet.
    Double crunches - lift arms/shoulders up while legs/knees come up to meet each other.

Reverse crunch - lie on back, cross right leg over left knee, arms behind head - lift legs & butt like you are crunching

I’m a Beachbody Coach and my goal is to help others get healthy, one person at a time. You don't need to be my customer for me to help you. If you get discouraged & need some encouragement message me.
    www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 8:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I gained 20lbs when I started menopause. NOTHING helped until I joined Beachbody.

I started doing the workout videos and nutrition plan that goes with it and the weight came off. And no hunger .. I was so impressed I became a Beachbody coach, so I get paid to help others get healthy.

I sell Beachbody products, like workout videos. Most of the videos come w/ a nutrition plan and tips also. There is a workout vidoe for all shapes, sizes, ages and fitness levels. We have yoga,hip hop, kickboxing, cardio ... we have something for everyone.

Beachbody also has thousands of success stories and virtual workout buddies and/or chats to help keep you motivated. These people have lost weight and kept it off ! Good luck!

MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 8:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I run every morning with a jogging stroller.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 8:51 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• try sparkpeople.com they have special fitness levels and a nutriton guides fix for just you ( your lifestyle)
    ncollins885

Answer by ncollins885 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 18, 2010