did anyone else have alot of issues with UTIs

i've gotten a few in the past but now i am 11 weeks and cant get rid of it first rx didn't get rid of it so dr is trying to decide next step what can i do in the mean time to help it go away

MissieB.

Asked by MissieB. at 10:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They need to give you a stronger antibiotic, and you need to drink a ton of water, and low sugar cranberry juice.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• how about other things instead of UTIs. think outside the box. do you use anything in that region that has latex in it? underwear, adult toys, condoms? how about dairy products? try not using any for a day or two. I am allergic to all these things and get symptoms of a UTI due to them that wont go away if i dont take those things away. during pregnancy you can be more sensative. try also cranberry juice, lots of it to flush your system
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I got them a lot during the first of my pregnancy. Apparently it was from having sex and not going to the bathroom afterwards. I don't know if that's true or not.

Cranberry juice helps
    Anonymous

• I did with my first pregnancy, and when I found out i was pregnant this time i got a UTI right away. I make sure I drink tons of water and cranberry juice daily.

I was also told it was from having sex and not peeing right away after, so I make sure I pee after, everytime!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 10:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I haven't got any since i have been preg. but on year. I had 12 in a year.
    tommygirl_jmg

Answer by tommygirl_jmg at 8:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2010