Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uh oh! My daughter swallowed a little toothpaste

I don't know what I was thinking, but I accidentally put regular toothpaste on her toothbrush. I realized directly after I put it in her mouth and pulled it out, but she definitely got some. Should I be concerned? She is 19 months old.

 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • anon40 YES IT IS POISON, sheesh. are you kidding me? but OP its unlikely she swallowed enough to cause an issue. you should be fine. if she ate half a tube, she would need to go t the ER
    sati769leigh

    Answer by sati769leigh at 10:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • It's not poison dear...she'll be fine.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • She'll be just fine. No worries :)
    JessicaB86

    Answer by JessicaB86 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • She will be fine
    truealaskanmom

    Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • Ok, thanks ladies :)
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • if it was just the normal amount for brushing teeth, she'll be fine. may have a very slight upset tummy. But nothing to worry about!

    now if she had done like my idiot sleep walking hubby and eaten half the tube... I'd call poison control (of course I just made hubby suffer with the tummy ache from that one... I know I'm mean! LOL)
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • I agree with the other posters, no need to worry, My nephew got hold of a tube of toothpaste and ate an unknown amount. My brother called Poison Control and they weren't particularly concerned.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN