Can you be in love with two men at the same time? I think I am.

This is how Im feeling lately: My daughters father and I get along very well. When we first broke up it was pure hell. I never thought I would get past that but I did. I figured why fight when we can be friends. We set an example for my daughter that her parents can get along. day by day Im noticing different things about him that I didnt notice before. I appreciate him more than I did before. Then on the other hand theres this guy that im talking to and we get along good as well. We were friends a long time ago. My heart goes pitter patter when either one of them call me. Ive backed away a little from guy number 2. Him and I were hot and heavy it was becoming too much for me. I was getting confused. But when neither one of them call me Im looking for their calls. Im not really sure what to do but I really think I love both of them. I love alot of qualities in both of them!!!!

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 10:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• you might like them both, but i doubt your in love with both of them. maybe you need to be single for a while and focus on you & your daughter until you figure out what you really want.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Love is not just a feeling....it's a commitment. You can't truly love more than one. Sounds like you love feeling in love.
    momof2wneeds

Answer by momof2wneeds at 11:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• sorry i don't believe you can love 2 men at once. i do believe you will always care about the child's father simply because of the history, and you will always for the rest of your life be dealing with each other because of the child. old wounds heal but don't necessarily forget. guy 2 must be pressuring you or you would not be confused. take some time for you and your heart before rushing into making a desision that you will regret. some times we see things the way we want to verses how they actually are. get yourself strong emotionally -----------good luck
    Anonymous

• I think it's possible.
    the whole "soulmate" thing and "one and only"..I think is just a way to flatter each other and make each other feel special and to try to "reassure" somebody of your love for them.

I believe there is more than one person out there for everybody that could be a "soulmate". so with that theory, it IS very possible to be "in love" with more than one person.
    Anonymous

• I don't think you can truely be romantically in love with two people at once. Yes, you can love two people, but I believe that, that is only a platonic love. It isn't romantic love. Maybe infatuation for one, and love for another.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Why wouldn't it be possible to love more than one person? We give our hearts to many people for many reasons and why should we think that it's only possible to LOVE one person at a time? We should be in one relationship at a time, but that doesn't mean we don't feel things for other people...and that can still be an unconditional love. People are different and there are so many people in this world, that to think we can only really love one at a time? Not sure about that. I think it's possible to love more than one.
    Anonymous

• I used to think you could, as I thought i was. I know differently. I found someone I am truly in love with as I have never been before. I think you can love many people but being "in love" with two different people at the same time. I doubt it. Search your heart you will find the answer.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 3:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Im confused!
    rosesrred1

Answer by rosesrred1 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I believe you can romantically love more than one person (or man) at a time. I'm in a poly relationship, & it's fabulous! There's a lot of love between all of us.. Of course, the OP's situation obviously isn't poly, but I think it's possible that she might be *falling in love* with both of these men.
    Anonymous