Would it be ok to give my 10 month old a small dose of Children's Umcka Cold Care????

My 10 month old has a cold, you know the usual runny nose and cough. Well my 2 yr old also has a cold and I got him this medicine called Children's Umcka and its all natural. So I was wondering if any other moms have given it to their kiddos or heard of it. I figured since its natural it wouldnt hurt to give him a tiny bit. Maybe like a 1/4 of a tsp, since the dose for a 2yr old is 1/2 a tsp. What do yall think?????

missbritt22

Asked by missbritt22 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would suggest calling ur after hours pediatrician and asking them if it would be ok and what dose amount to give.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 11:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't do it...... If they wanted your baby to have cold medicine they're make a baby cold medicine. Sorry to hear your baby is sick, I hope your kids get better soon!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i would call my doctor first. i have never given my daughter cold medicine. i have given her infant tylenol, infant motrin, and children's claridon (only with doctors instructions). she is 19 months old.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't even give it to my 2yo. The common cold has to run its course. And @aly - it's Claritin, not claridon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2010