I don't want to live near his freinds!!

I have a husband who is in the military. He lives in CT I live in NY for now. I don't have the time to go house hunting so he is doing it. NOW Couple of months back he had asked me would it be alright if we lived by his friends. I have a huge problem with that because all they do is party! So if we were to live next to them his friends would be at our house every single day and he would be over there every single day. Today, he told me he found a house with two bedrooms,1 bath,basement. Sounds good to me so I told him to but it. He calls me 2 hours later to say oh yeah we are going to next door neighbors to my friend! I get so mad I told him I call him later. He leaves me a voice message to say I was acting immature,childish, and I was uncalled for! Is he serious? I mean come on he asked me this before and we both agreed that we won't live near his friends because they party too much. What do you ladies think???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't have him buy a house that you haven't looked at first. What if you hate it? And I certainly wouldn't more anywhere that there's for sure going to be partying going on.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Well how would he feel if your parents or friends lived next door? This is going to be your home you have every right to voice your preferences no matter how childish he thinks they are.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• This would actually be my first house to live in. I'm really not that picky as long as its in a living condition I'm fine. I just don't want to live by his friends. Come on we are a family now! Its not just him anymore...
    Anonymous

• YEP, You ARE RIGHT....

NEVER, send a man to do anything, honey !!!!!!

I have learn the hard way -- DO NOT MAKE FRIENDS with nieghbors.
    Nothing, but problems.

A "hello" now and again, but not friends.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:13 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• It is going to be your house and you have the right to voice whatever you feel!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• If he is paying for it you should have NO say JMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• wow, there's ALWAYS one anonymous poster who just has to be crazy. i'd be embarrassed of myself if i was talking to people like this, too.

anyway, OP: i think if you've discussed it, he should respect the decision you came to together. your concerns are valid and he shouldn't be insulting you now just because he thought he could trick you into agreeing to a house situation he knew wouldn't make you happy.
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 8:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I would be furious. You cannot allow that deal to go through. Daily misery and fights over him partying with friends is not worth it!!!! Find a new house now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Alot of partying will lead to a broken marriage.
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 9:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2010