For those who have issues with "big business"

Exactly how many people do you personally employ, and how many thousands would you be able to hire tomorrow if "big business" went under? Or would you prefer all the people employed by "big business" (including their suppliers, wholesalers, drivers, advertisers, accountants, attorneys, etc) went on welfare?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am all for free market. And get your point. I am however very much for the little guy and like to give my business to local business, local farmers and growers and home based business.

I think big business and the little guy are over taxed and over regulated in the wrong areas.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 12:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I am absolutely against American Big Businesses moving their operations to low/no Corp tax countries, and in the process eliminating American jobs and impacting revenues collected. Of course, for the many greenbacks promised come election time, deals are cut and it's all good with our officials- what a sham!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:55 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• i agree with sisteract.

I am not anti-big business. I am anti- most-big-business-operations. Also, i have an issue with the way they influence our government.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:59 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I don't think people really have a problem with any business of any size - not really. They just want someone to blame for their woes. Since "big business" isn't a person who can be hurt (they forget about all the people you mentioned in your post), they rail against the evil businesses. "Big business" is big because the American people helped them get that way. We love to work for them because of the higher salaries and benefit packages available. I think this falls under the category of "biting the hand that feeds you"!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

THEN you should be upset with government intervention, government mandated high taxes, and government officials who cut union deals and other special interest deals that hurt the small business..  It's about competition. That is why they leave. Our corporate tax rate is ridiculous.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:57 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• THEN you should be upset with government intervention, government mandated high taxes, and government officials who cut union deals and other special interest deals that hurt the small business.. It's about competition. That is why they leave. Our corporate tax rate is ridiculous.

This.
    12
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• That and paying their foreign workers fractions of cents on the dollar and NO benefits, HC and otherwise. I'm all for helping small business, but for those of you who are owners, aren't you angry that BB gets away with crap that destroys YOUR livelihood; makes you unable to successfully compete? The government allows it and your larger, more monied/successful counterparts gladly comply. Or do you turn a blind eye figuring 1 day day YOU and your business might be that Special Interest????? You speak out of both sides of your mouth. It's ok that the companies do it, but then you want to b and m about special interests and back door dealings. IT'S ALL WRONG.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:04 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I'm all for helping small business

At what point does someone become evil - when they have 500 employees, 1000? What's the magic number that makes a happy, lovable small business owner suddenly transform into Emperor Palpatine?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2010