Anyone with experience with Spence Chapin Adoption Agency?

I am looking into this agency and wanted some opinions and personal experience stories. I saw they got 5 stars out of 21 reviews on www.adoptionagencyratings.com but wanted to hear more.

We are not sure if we want to adopt domestic special needs, foster/adopt or international--we just know we are called to adopt! We are in the very beginning stages of adoption. We have a home study person picked out, but my DH has been gone for a few months for training in the military. This is his last class so we should be getting the home study after he gets home in a couple of months.

Any other advice, or recommendations of agencies is welcome!

Pieta0227

Asked by Pieta0227 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Adoption

• I checked out their website and didn't see any red flags. I was impressed that they provide post adoption support groups for all triad members and an adult adoptee mentoring program. I was also impressed that they offered interim child care for mothers who "needed more time" to consider their decision.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 12:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My SIL and her DH adopted 3 kids through them. Three infants, all between 4 weeks and 3 months old. All of her kids are African American, which worked will for them as she is white and DH is African American. She had nothing but great things to say about them.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I haven't, but wanted to wish you blessings on your journey! :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i dont know much about them, but whatever agency you choose, PLEASE make sure they provide pre and post placement for the bparents. as a bmom, i cant tell you how important this is. my agency only provided counseling until 3 months after placement.... its not long enough. good luck.
    ashleigh139

Answer by ashleigh139 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I actually adopted from Spence Chapin 17 years ago. Loved them then and love them now. Still in touch with the Director, she is a beautiful person. I have since recommend two bosses on my job who did internation adoption and they are extremely happy. I highly recommend them.
    sunshine0504

Answer by sunshine0504 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010