I needs some tips!!

Well I went to the doctor today and I found out that I now weigh 151. I have never weighed this much, except when I was pregnant with my kids. It is just really hard to lose this baby weight and I'm having a hard time doing it. So I was wondering if anyone had any tips on some good healthy good to buy. Or certain meals to make? I would really appreciate it.

sexy_can_i

Asked by sexy_can_i at 1:10 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• To lose weight and keep it off and to improve your overall health you need to make lifestyle changes. It’s okay to splurge once in a while or have a cheat day.
    Start with simple changes, like a 20 minute exercise and healthy snack choices.

Don’t buy junk food – try fruits, granola bars, trail mix, nuts, olives
    Walk, or do other exercise, at least 3 times a week.
    Drink water – an easy way to get your water is to start and end each day and each meal with a glass of water. You can start with a 4 oz and work your way up to an 8 oz glass.
    For breakfast try oatmeal, cereal like Special K or Granola, or whole wheat toast or muffin.
    Smaller meals throughout the day.
    Breakfast, AM snack (piece of fruit or yogurt), lunch (soup or salad), PM snack (same as AM), dinner (baked or broiled meat, steamed or veggies sauteed in olive oil, not butter).
    I have lots more suggestions ... message me if you need more
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 8:24 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I lost 33 lbs 3 months after I cut out soda, white bread, juice, alcohol, chips/candy, and sugar. (as much as possible. I didn't go looking for hidden sugars!! lol.) I quit cold turkey. It's much like the "Detox Diet." I started concentrating on portion control and not snacking. Now I feel great!!

see my before and after here: http://tinypic.com/r/sde0pf/6
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 1:23 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• malibusty you look fabulouse good job
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Yes, Stacy, WAY TO GO! I must ask though, were you drunk in your before picture, because it looks as though the wall was holding you up! lmao!

OP, try Sparkpeople.com
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:18 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Don't focus too much on the scale, but on how your clothes fit you. It's OKAY to have a splurge day every now and then ! Don't beat yourself up for it.
    I gained 20lbs when I started menopause; I was frustrated and discouraged because NOTHING helped until I joined Beachbody. I started doing the workout videos and nutrition plan that goes with it and the weight came off. And no hunger .. I was so impressed I became a Beachbody coach, so I get paid to help others get healthy.
    Beachbody has literally thousands of success stories; read them at www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs
    As long as you are committed to living a healthy lifestyle most of the time, you will succeed.
    My goal is to help others get healthy, one person at a time. And you don't need to be my customer for me to help you. If you get discouraged and need some encouragement, shoot me a message.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 8:22 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• i like to add foods, rather than start off by depriving myself of those naughty foods i enjoy. i have 5 salads a week using kale swiss chard and spinach. this takes some getting used to, but is worth it with the health benefits in the long run! i think this is the most natural way to cleanse too! when we first started eating this salads, our jaws were literally tired...it made me realize that i don't normally do a great job chewing my food. we add regular veggies and nuts to these salads too. i try to get 5 servings of veggies, 2 servings of fruit and 2-3 liters of water a day. just by adding these things i don't have as much room for the junk. it is very good to go for walks, outside whenever possible. you will gradually walk further and faster. when you are ready to cut foods, start with high sugar and processed foods. we have a stir fry every week, we use all natural sauces. it is quick and easy and very healthy!
    good luck
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2010