potty training

what am i doing wrong. i have the underwear and the potty chair but all she does is wet her underwear. shes not using the potty chair ,after she has an accident she goes and sits on the potty chair not all the time. i have only been at this for 2 days so am i doing something wrong.i need some help have to get her ready be for school starts. do i need to just take her to the potty chair and sit for awhile even though she doesnt go? what should i be doing that i am not

FoxMulder1993

Asked by FoxMulder1993 at 2:04 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Here are some good tips....
    http://www.babycenter.com/toddler-potty-training-advice

I took my daughter every 15-30 min for a few weeks at the start. We also had a potty chart that we put stickers on, if she went. Incentive really helps! When she filled up a chart, she got a privilege or a small gift of some sort. Consistence is definitely key, so just stick with it! I know it is tiring, but all the work will pay off! Good luck!!!
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 2:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• have you tried potty breaks even if they are 15 min apart. and sure you can take her potty even if she wont do anything. it will sometimes take a lot of tries with nothing before she does something. good luck.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 8:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• some kids prefer to use a potty seat that goes on our toilet, i know my daughters that way, she wont use a chair. but she loves sitting on her potty seat!
    armywife41307

Answer by armywife41307 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I'd try to ring on the big toilet, too. Both my girls hated the potty chair. And so she'll have a good association with it, you may want to sit with her on there a little and read some of her favorite books or something. Keep her in the undies (no pants so you can see the accident start), and pick her up and place her on the toilet when she starts having an accident. Remind her firmly (not meanly) that's where she's supposed to pee. Keep it up. You need to move her there every accident and she'll get it. Reward her (something small -- m & m or sticker of even just a silly dance) if even a little makes it in.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• First of all, two days is way too short a period of time to expect results. She needs more time and practice. I agree with the other posters to take her frequently. Make a big deal out of her successes and downplay accidents. If you get tired of the accidents, try putting on regular underpants then a pullup. She'll feel the wet if she has an accident but it won't get all over everything..
    Anonymous