i want to take my 2 1/2 year old son to school.

i want to take him to babyclass school but am scared,i feel like the teachers will beat him or the kids there will hurt him,pliz help me.scared mom.

mesfin

Asked by mesfin at 3:50 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Then dont take him unless you have to. I never let any one babysit my three year old and wouldnt think to send him to a preschool because for one kids are bad now days and I dont want him picking up bad habbits and two my son has a speach delay and would not be able to tell me if someone did something wrong to him. Instead I have a private therapist come in our home so I dont have to send him to school and when he starts k-g I will be home schooling him. So I would say unless you absolutly have to take I would stay home with your son. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• there is no rush to get him into school, lots of other ways to have social contact- playgroups, playing at the park, Mothers group, babygym, church activities,
    If you want it so you get a break, do your research, ask every Mom you know where they go and why. Also ask if there is anywhere they wouldn't use. A registered daycare centre will have set rules in place, including no touch discipline. Other kids may or not be rough, it is part and parcel of growing up.
    I used a short term creche for my little ones and only for an hour or two. I also would arrive at different times to collect them, & listened to the "vibe" of the room before I entered. I never heard the teacher growling yelling at the kiddies, and it set my mind at ease. I also watched my kids for any negative behaviour, and none happened.
    GL Remember there are no rules, you don't have to send him at all if you don't want to
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• A lot of churches have Mother's Morning Out programs where you can enroll him. Some also have licensed preschools. I have always felt comfortable leaving my kids at either my church or the other one I used, because I heard recommendations from lots of other moms I talked to and I knew that there were always at least two teachers in the room plus a director who popped her head in from time to time.

Answer by missanc at 7:11 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• why are you scared, Did you hear something. Have you seen something? or is it that you don't know what type of place it is. Go visit the place go meet the people and see if it's something you want to do. good luck.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 7:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Good grief, taking a 2 and a half year old to SCHOOL? Why do some of you people even HAVE kids if you're so anxious to get them out of the house? Why don't you just put them on the school bus as soon as you give birth?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I started my son in preschool at 2 1/2 because he's an only child and I felt the socialization would be good for him. He's also speech delayed and I felt that being around other kids where he needed to use words, would help. I can only do some many playdates and playgroups.. Admittedly, it never occurred to me to worry about other kids behavior at this age. If you're nervous, wait until he's three. Whatever you do, find a school you're comfortable with. Make sure the teachers are all cerfitied teachers. The vast majority of preschools are very safe places for kids to learn. (Note: There's a difference between a "preschool" and a "daycare center with preschool".)
    Anonymous

• Why don't you just put them on the school bus as soon as you give birth?

WOW no judgement there!
    Who are you to judge other peoples choices. If you can't be supportive and helpful don't answer.
    A church creche is as far from putting a newborn on a school bus as I can think of.
    Keep your negativity to yourself
    Anonymous