How can i find my adopted brother?

What information is most needed? How do i go about starting this journey? What resources are best?

Asked by DaLordsMezNger at 3:55 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Adoption

• there is alot to get into...I found my brother and 2 sisters after they were adopted out. If you are really serious shoot me an email and we can talk and I can tell you what all I did and possibly help you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 6:04 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• His full name is needed. Can look him up on the internet. PEOPLEFINDES.COM

Answer by louise2 at 6:33 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

•  Adoption Search Resources.

Answer by onethentwins at 12:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Check disclosure laws in the state he was born/adopted to see what info can be released to you.

Many states do not recognize siblings searching, so you may have an easier time with (your/his) parent requesting non-I'd and possible search with an intermediary.

My state, WA only recognizes siblings searching if the original mother/ father is deceased. The state I live in Maryland, only allows a search for a sibling if BOTH children were adopted and into seperate families. Maryland is so anal that if an intermediary finds the person you seek is deceased- the records are slammed shut! No info is exchanged! They must protect those identities even in death.
    Check the law and know what info you're entitled to. Ill post again with a good article about 'how to' search.

Answer by adopteeme at 4:46 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

Answer by adopteeme at 4:57 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• If you know his adopted name and where he lived you can always send a generic letter to everyone in that area with the same name. That's what I did to find my dd's birth father and actually hit the jackpot and got a letter from him 2 weeks later! Sometimes the simple things work.

Answer by baconbits at 12:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• is very good if you know his full name