ok so i have 3 strollers. one is a baby trend jogger the second is a graco stroller that goes with my car seat and the third is a red contour stroller that i love but used once and now the front wheels wont work. so i am looking for a new stroller and getting rid of the other ones. i need something lightweight. so momma's if you could please help me by telling me what you like and why that would be great! thank you

dani263

Asked by dani263 at 4:06 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Shopping

• I actually love my Graco Travel System because of the convenience of the combination with the carseat, but it's rather bulky & not that lightweight. Is this for a newborn or an older infant? If it is for an older infant an umbrella stroller would probably be the lightest (as well as the cheapest). If it is for a newborn, some of the jogging strollers look to be lighter than most, but their prices are a little far-fetched. I'd say your best bet is to go to BabiesRUs.com & compare a large selection of their strollers with their compare product feature. After picking 3-5 different ones that fit your budget & style, go into your local Babies R Us to compare them in person with the help of a sales associate. Take another mommy friend of yours to help you pick the perfect one. Good luck!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Umbrella stroller

Answer by louise2 at 6:23 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I just asked a friend of mine about this...she has a bad back & couldn't have anything heavy to lug around since she is a single mom & didn't have anyone around to help out all the time. She suggested the Valco Baby Latitude Lightweight Stroller, which is the one she uses (after trying another one that was too heavy for her). I looked it up online & it looks very nice, plus it has a reclining seat so that you can use it for newborn up to late infancy. The prices varied depending on who was selling it, but it averaged around $250-$350, which is (in my opinion) definitely on the pricey side, but from what I can see from the reviews it is apparently very worth it. I hope that helps some as well!!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:59 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I didn't like umbrlla strollers, no snack tray for kiddo, no cup holder for me. the handles are lower so you are kind of bending down to push it, and no place underneath.

For some reason I can't get think link to work but the Cosco Altura Convenience Stroller - Hilo at Targt is much smaller and lighter weight than travel systems, but still has a cup holder and tray for baby, and a cup holder for mommy.

There are others similar to this - this is just one example.

Good lcuk!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Send me the old ones!!! LOL.. We have a Graco (the car seat system). I really don't like it much, but it was a gift and it seemed irrational to spend money on another, since this one works just fine. As for a suggestion for you- have you checked out phil&ted's ? They're my fav!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• do you still have the strollers ? if so can u send me a pic of them and how much ? to pellow12@msn.com
    pellow12

Answer by pellow12 at 9:58 PM on May. 22, 2010