vegetarians vs. meat eaters

Why is it that when a vegetarian comes over to my house, I am expected to go out of my way to make vegetarian food, and if I make anything with meat(for myself) they feel its fine to make comments about how it is so cruel to animals to be eating meat. But, when I go to their house, I am expected to eat vegetarian food and quietly gag on my tofu and garbonzo beans, but if I dare say anything, I am being rude and unsuportive???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why doesn't a vegetarian moan during sex?
    They refuse to admit a piece of meat made them happy.
    I'm sorry don't really have an answer but I love this joke. Hope it made you smile☺
    2girlsmomutah

Answer by 2girlsmomutah at 4:39 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I fits well into the mind-set of the liberals. They are very self-absorbed with compromise and support flowing to them not from them.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I refuse to cater to other peoples way of eating. The only thing I will make as vegetarian is a salad. I am a meat eater that is all there is to it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:22 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• yeah i could see how that would bother me a little too. good thing all my friends and family love meat! girlsmomutah i needed a good  laugh thanks!laughing

eva123

Answer by eva123 at 6:59 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Jesse123456, just so you know, I am a conservative leaning libertarian. I am also a vegetarian. I understand that youre probably right that most vegetarians are probably liberals, but not all of us.
    OP, I don't expect anyone to go out of their way for me. I ask if there will be food I can eat, and if not I will bring my own. For example, my parents and siblings often do cookouts (hot dogs, hamburgers, etc) I will bring a couple of veggie burger patties so i can join in the cookout too! I don't expect anyone else to buy or bring them, but sometimes they do anyway. If not, I have my box. It's probably not so much of a vegetarian vs meat eater issue as it is just selfish and/or inconsiderate person issue. And there's plenty of those that eat meat too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My one child is vegetarian. I don't make extra meals. She eats what we have without the meat. However IF YOU invite someone over knowing they're vegetarian you should make sure you have food they can eat. Why wouldn't you? Why would you complain you extended the invite!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:56 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I am a vegetarian, and when I entertain, I cater to the non vegetarians, it is rude not to. I also expect the same from them to me. My vegetarianism is uniquely mine, I never put anyone down for eating meat, it is their choice, but I do explain the reason for me choosing not to eat meat, and the harm it causes your body, but only when asked.

Answer by older at 7:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I've known some vegetarians who will respond unkindly to me as a meat eater...and then I look at them....lmao,they are sitting there practically drrroooooollling over my steak!
    To each their own...I would think a vegetarian would respond in kind to your attempt to make them comfortable at your home.Tofu is nasty! And yea...I've eaten some of the 'better' ways it's prepared...I'm married to a chef!
    starrsun

Answer by starrsun at 9:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2010