Where did you grow up and do you still live there?

Just curious I grew up In Kansas City Missouri and now I live in Salt Lake City Utah. Also if you have moved away from your home town do you get home sick?

2girlsmomutah

Asked by 2girlsmomutah at 5:11 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i was born and raised in northwestern ohio, i moved to rhode island for college, then moved back home, then got married and moved back to the east coast. and now here i am back in ohio, the best place to be, i love it here. its a great place to raise my family!!
    mom24147

Answer by mom24147 at 5:29 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I live in the town in NC that my father's family came to in 1742. My dad still lives on part of the original land grant and in the house he was born in (literally). We don't move much.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I grew up in a couple different cities in Southern California (except for a few years in a mixture of places while my mother was trying to "find herself"). I still live in the most recent city we moved to. I hope to someday leave though. Not because I don't like it, because I really do love it here, but because it is far too expensive (plus our current town is no place to raise a child once our lil guy starts going to school).
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 5:56 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• From Tacoma Washington. No I do not still live there. The only thing I miss is looking at the Mountains

Answer by louise2 at 6:18 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I was born here in Austin, TX... and I am living in the house I grew up in (but not with my parents). I intend to stay here for quite awhile, because I love it here & can't imagine living anywhere else :)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 6:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I grew up and still live in Raleigh, NC. I went to college on the coast (UNCW) and I love the beach! but I can't imagine raising my kids anywhere but here.

Answer by missanc at 7:00 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Well I was born in Wayland NY and Live there now but we moved around a lot when I was a kid but stayed in the bloomfield ny area for about 5 years so I consider that my home town and Yes I do miss it!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:04 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I grew up in a town in CT that is just a short trip to NYC. I moved around after I got out of school for a while, I lived in CA for a bit and then in different cities around CT. I am in CT now but not in the same town where I grew up, although I am right next door to the town where I was born and where my mother grew up. The town is Called Waterbury CT and it's mentioned in Death of a Salesman (and in my opinion the city is just as up lifting as the play!)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:10 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I grew up in Montreal (although I wasn't born there).  I then moved to England for 13 years and then moved back to Canada.  I now live in Ontario.  I did get homesick sometimes when I first moved to the UK but not anymore.  I personally would never live in Quebec again because of the language laws.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:13 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I was born in New York City in the neighborhood known as Washington Heights. The topic of a Broadway play. It was a very very diverse area. My Dad died before I was born and my Mom remarried when I was two and we moved to Florida. We came back when my Step-Dad could not find work and he promply walked out upon our return to New York. We went back to my Grand-parents in , "the Heights" and grew up there. I went to Ireland when in College and lived with my Dad's Mother. I have been in NYC since but we are all out of ,"the Heights" or what is referred to by many the Crack Capital. I live on the west side of NYC and we have a house in New Paltz. (his before we marrried) I love NYC but eventually will probably move to New Paltz as our apartment is starting to shrink. My husband is talking about retiring and teaching at SUNY. He is almost 48 and I can work anywhere. I still do not want to leave NYC.
    irishmcpaddy

Answer by irishmcpaddy at 7:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2010