Has anyone ever used Evening Primrose oil to ripen your cervix ?

I am 37 weeks and my Doc said I could use them once a night vaginally.just wondering if anyone has tried this ..thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My midwives had me use it with my first son, but I was at and then over my due date. I see no issue using it if you trust your Dr.

PepperG

Answer by PepperG at 9:29 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• good lord why would you want to rush things? please let the baby decide when its going to be born. i dont think its a good idea, and if you ask me, you have a silly doctor!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Well I am not rushing things its just that I am still closed and thick and have had large baby's in the past one was 9 pounds 8 oz so he said I could try this and maybe I will go around 39 weeks and not have to be induced please don't judge me I was induced with my last son and it was hell

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My sisters swear by it, lol! I've never tried it myself, though. If your last baby was huge, go for it. There's no harm in trying, you know? I was induced w/ #1, & he was right on time & weighed 9lbs 13oz, so I feel your pain! *hugs*
    hisemma

Answer by hisemma at 10:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• it's not going to make you go into labor. It probably won't even do anything. I used them twice and they did nothing but make a greasy mess in my underwear. There is not enough prostaglandins for it to do anything unless the cervix was already gonna do it anyway. Maybe you are really only 36 weeks, no doctor on the face of this earth knows exactly how far along you are.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:11 AM on Feb. 18, 2010