can someone help me?all my twins do is whine and cry all day!

i started a chart with stickers. i ignored it. i told them come talk to me with your regular voice.. and i dont know what else to do

rosepetalluv

Asked by rosepetalluv at 8:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well are you dong anything with them? are they entertained? is something bothering them, they are tots, they will whine some of the time. try to figure out what is making them do that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• my sd is going through the same stage right now. she's 3. it can be so frustrating, can't it? there are days when i feel like a bad parent, because i feel like i've exhausted all of my options, and that a good parent would have more ideas or a simple fix to the situation. it's easier to give this advice than to use it myself, but i think it's really just a phase, and will pass soon enough. stay consistent with your tactics and don't forget to breathe!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 8:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Do you give them what they want, out of shear frustration, just to "shut them up"? The only reason they do it ... is because it works.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Also, look at their schedules. My kids are always extra needy if they are hungry or tired.....Do they eat and sleep at the same time every day (or close)? Usually, a nap or a snack will cure the cranky's. =)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• IGNORE the whining and crying unless they are hurt or sick. Tell them to use their words or not say anything at all. I have never responded to whining, ever. After telling them to use their words, do not respond at all. Walk away. If you allow it to happen, they will keep doing it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My son gets like that when he is bored, tired, or hungry. Figure out what the cause of the whining is and try to fix it. When he is having a bad day I try to spend some extra time with him. We play whatever game he wants, make a craft, read books, dance, board games, just do something out of the norm. After some good quality time with me he calms wayyyy down and is happy to play on his own some.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2010