• In the Spotlight:

What's the earliest any of you gave your child regular milk?

And what kind of milk did you give them? (2%, whole milk, etc?) Aaaaand how often did you give it to them? As often as formula? Only with meals?
Thank you, in advance, for your answers!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• It has been a long time---36 years----but I think we had 2% milk at meals and water or OJ between meals and at about 8 months> But I always recommend asking your kids' Doctor and not the CM Moms. ;-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:22 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• About 11 months. I stopped breastfeeding and didn't want to go to formula.

Answer by Bmat at 8:39 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• roughly about 8-10 months same answer as above
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I fed it with meals. The baby was eating regular food by then. Whole milk.

Answer by Bmat at 8:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• OP here... My DD is almost 10 months old. She no longer eats baby food. (hungry kiddo!)So, it's okay to give her regular milk? 2%? My mother in law (LOL) is convinced I will kill the kid if I take her off formula. I was thinking that's probably not the case... ha. But I certainly didn't want to start her on it too early and hurt her belly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I started my sons on whole milk about 2 weeks before thier year birthday, so at 11 1/2 months. My daughter never liked milk at all, and still to this day only eats it if it's chocolate milk, or accompanied with cereal! lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 8:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• thank you, lindalu2. yes, i know to ask the doc. but i happened to be sitting here and thinking about it, and wanted to hear some opinions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Son was about 11 months old and daughter was 12 months when we started them on whole milk
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I waited until DS was a year old as per the dr. He was on whole milk for the first year or so drinking it whenever he was thirsty not just at meal times. I did make sure that he didn't get any more than he was supposed to as far as oz. He is 4 now and in the past year or so I have been giving him 2%. Which was also dr. approved. HTH
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I've always kept my kids on whole milk, but that's because they are uber skinny lol. But my son doesn't like whole anymore so he drinks my skim milk, he's 16 though.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2010