Stupid washing machine...

I've had a Frigidaire Front load washer (model # FTF2140FS) for about a week now and since last night it's been acting strange. When there is nothing in the washer, it beeps and the lights flash, with the START button blinking. I press the CANCEL button and it shuts off for 1-2 minutes and then starts blinking and beeping again. I've tried holding down the cancel button and pressing it 2 or 3 times but no avail. Any advice?

AidensMommy608

Asked by AidensMommy608 at 8:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• do you have the owners manual to see why its doing that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• There is nothing listed in the owners manual pertaining to a problem like this =(
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 8:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I would try running it through a cycle with it empty & see if it fixes itself
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Have you tried unplugging it for a minute? I'd give that a shot. It might be kind of like when your computer freezes, and you have to push and hold the button down to turn it off and restart it, and then it's fine. Maybe if you unplug it, it'll reset itself.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:16 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Did you purchase it new? If you did, return it.
    If not, do a search online to see if anyone else has had problems like yours and if they list a fix.
    Anonymous