Been On Prozac A Week: So, How Should I Be Feeling???

My OBGYN put me on for premenopausal symptoms (Mood Swings, No Sex Drive). Actually she says what I'm feeling does not exist that I'm probably depressed, which I'm not buying. Anyway, I've been on a low dose (10mg, once a day) for a week and I've noticed some positive changes. My moods seem better, I'm sleeping better, and I'm more focused. However, I feel myself with a complete inability to express any kind of emotion whatsoever. If my son irritates me I find myself unable or unwilling to get angry. I feel like a robot more than a human being sometimes. Is this normal??? Should I be asking to be taken off or does the dose need to be increased???

lisaann1213

Asked by lisaann1213 at 8:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Health

• um that's not the prozac, prozac takes a good month before it starts to take effect.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• "um that's not the prozac, prozac takes a good month before it starts to take effect".

Actually, the info the pharmacist says most people feel some change within the first 1-2 weeks, but my doctor says that it could be 6 weeks before the full effect is reached.
    lisaann1213

Answer by lisaann1213 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• when i was put on anti-depressants, within the first week i kept confusing my dreams for reality and reality for my dreams.. everything was a blur, i felt like i was going insane. i was constantly getting these sharp pains throughout my head, too. i stopped taking them to keep my sanity.. they weren't prescribed for me for being depressed anyway, i have horrible anxiety.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:17 AM on Feb. 18, 2010