Soy Formula

While I do appreciate opinions on the subject, I don't appreciate being told that I am wrong in my decision.
I am 5 1/2 months pregnant with my third child. After my second was born I (and the rest of my family) became vegetarian. We DO NOT drink cow's milk. When this baby is born, I do not want to breast feed and so am planning to use soy formula since that just seems to make since to me.
This is a decision my DH and I have discussed and are positive soy is what we will use. So here is my question:
Have you ever used soy formula, what brand and what was your experience?

SabrinaLC

Asked by SabrinaLC at 8:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used similac soy with my first daughter and she toterated it well. Had no major problems with it. We too were vegaterians at the time so it was the best choice for us and she had soy milk for the next to years of her life.
    theladybugscafe

Answer by theladybugscafe at 11:45 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• We used the Wal-mart brand and it worked out ok. No complaints.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I used soy formula and it was fine. I had no problems but she couldn't take cow's milk and breastmilk wasn't satisfying her so we had to use the soy formula. I don't remember the brand.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:07 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• We use Similac Isomil (soy formula) The reason my son is on it is because he would puke up the regular formula so he needed the soy No complains with similac
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Please read up on soy formula, it is high in hormones & contains around 65% sugar. If you all are into eating the best nutrition why not breastfeed? Is there any help or support we can offer?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• i use the similac isomil also and same with pp on the subject my son was allergic to cows milk like i was just remember that soy binds up babies i wouldnt put them on it unless nessisary but it's your choice w/e and shit why not bf im not a bfing advocate but considering you do eat right and all that why not?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I will not breastfeed for personal reasons.
    To the anon asking me to read up on soy formula, please read up on milk and it's effects on humans. http://www.naturalchild.org/guest/linda_folden_palmer.html I actually do research things before I make decisions. If I had the desire to breastfeed I would.
    Having to choose between the two, I choose soy over milk-based. Besides, once my child reaches 12 months they will be switched to soy milk.
    Thank you to all the answers I have received so far. :-)
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 11:23 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Anon here OP. I do understand that cow's milk is not better then soy and vice a versa. They both carry risks hence the reason I would suggest doing your best to breastfeed especially since you are so up on the healthy eating. 65% sugar is A LOT of sugar and to have that as your child's main source of nutrition would give me great pause and the ability to overcome my lack of "desire" to breastfeed BUT to each their own.

Anonymous