Best know birth cotrol?

I was wondering if u have to wait the whole six weeks before u are able to get o bc? I am researching a few i know of because i want the best there is out there. I know the best bc is no sex at all lol but i just want a pretty good bc that works good and least known for pregnancies. I was on ocella aka Yaz but that is how i have my 3 week old now lol. I also dont prefer the patch because i did gain quite a bit of weight on that. The two i have heard so far that sounds like something i would like is Marina and also a chip that can be inserted into your arm supposed to keep u from getting preggers up to 5 years. So what has everyone else tried on here and their experiences?

Casteel_chick

Asked by Casteel_chick at 9:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I believe you do need to wait the full 6 weeks, because your hormones are still out of whack, and you don't want anything to interfere. IUD's are pretty effective, though you should know that there is a slightly higher risk of eptopic pregnancy. Not too sure about the implant, I don't know much about it. I'd suggest using condoms until you are on BC.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I use the diaphragm. I like it because there are no hormones at all. I have used it since I had my first. You just insert before sex and leave in for 6hr afterward. I do not feel it and neither does hubby.

Here is a little more info for you to read:

http://www.pamf.org/teen/sex/birthcontrol/diaphragm.html

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• what is an eptopic pregnancy?
    Casteel_chick

Answer by Casteel_chick at 9:16 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• An ectopic pregnancy is an abnormal pregnancy that occurs outside the
    womb (uterus). The baby cannot survive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My baby is the best birth control ever. LOL
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:22 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• do not get on depo. horrible side effects...i have one child. I plan on 2 more and then i want my tubes tied and that will be my bc
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:26 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Yes, ectopic pregnancy occurs outside of the uterus, I believe often in or on a tube. If undetected, it can cause harm to you, and sometimes, you can lose a tube or ovary because of it.

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My current method of b/c is the best! lol but that's only if you never ever want kids again.. ;)
    I've been on almost everything.. I liked the NuvaRing the best, I think. I've heard good & bad about the IUDs.. Most insurance companies don't cover the IUD or implant, though, so that's something to ask about if you head in that direction (it would've cost me $1500 to get an IUD, compared to the $160 copay to get snipped ~ hm!).
    Depo Provera is horrid. Yaz gave me severe migraines every day (& obviously didn't work for you either, hehe). Seasonale is a good one.. it's the one that gives you 4 periods a year, I think? My gyno said that's totally fine... There were a few others I tried that I could've done without, lol. Good luck!
    hisemma

Answer by hisemma at 9:57 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• the problem w/ going on any form of hormonal BC is you might suffer big breast milk supply problems. =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• i have a mirena right now and it is my favorite so far...without insurance it costs about $800 in my area and you're good for 5 years...that comes out to about $13 a month...you dont have to remember to take it and it is very effective...it does have hormones though and is not a good choice for people who have problems with hormonal birth control...you can have it inserted at your 6 wk checkup and it is effective immediately
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 5:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2010