playdough

My 3 year old loves playdough all the toys that u can get is not 4 his age group like makin food and stuff like that so what can I get 2 go wit the playdough

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 9:59 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We use rollers, cookie cutters, use plastic kniefs, forks and spons, we also have some mold things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• rollers, cookie cutters all the pp said. we use little cake mold things like the little toy ones for a play kitchen. and my dd is only two but i bought her all the cool play dough stuff for the older kids. she uses it and im always playing with her so i can watch and make sure she does eat something or get hurt. she loves it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• He can use all those. My son used them just fine. they give those ages as a guideline. Some kids are capable before the age some after.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:17 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My SD is almost 4. She has been using the Play Doh brand toys since she was 2. Unless there's some obvious hazard, I usually ignore the age recommendation on her toys. Everything she loves most is for kids far older than her. I think it depends on the kid, not the age. I say, go for the cool Play Doh stuff! But, if you're uncomfortable with that- kitchen utensils rock, too! Cookie cutter, rolling pins, any items that will make a 'stamp' on the Doh.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 10:21 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My amost 3 year old has the burger maker and ice cream maker and she does just fine with them. We also use cookie cutters.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Cookie cutters, pizza cutters, plastic knives.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2010