Many Pagans see "Mother Earth" as an interchangeable term with "Goddess"...

Is "Father Time" an except able term for "God"?

For my own personal belief, it is, but I know my beliefs are different from your "average" Pagan. So, do you see "Father Time" as a representation of God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• who is father time? just time in general?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Mother earth and Goddess are different..Mother earth is also called Gaia..

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• "God" is a useful term for pagans discussing faith with non-pagans and monotheists. The language that you use is not nearly as important as the spiritual work you do.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• it really depends on the individual pagan religion they follow.

for me when I was pagan, it was the Sun (god) and the Moon (Goddess) the Earth was a different deity all together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Depending on the Pantheon that you follow as a Pagan (if any) there are many, many different Gods and Goddesses.
    Mother Earth is Gaia she is the Mother of all that we have here on Earth, she gives us what we need ...
    The God (Lord) and the Goddess (Lady) can be of any Gods/ess of a Patheon that you use...
    I do not (this is personal, not all believe as I as I may not believe or follow as others) see Father Time as a God/Diety of shorts.
    Here is link that you may be interested in to read HERE.

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• "Is "Father Time" an except able term for "God"?"

Of course.

I believe all gods are ONE GOD; all goddesses, ONE GODDESS.

Call them what you wish. It's deeply personal. If "Father Time" is the voice of the god that speaks to you, so be it.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Sure thats an acceptable term for God.

I wouldnt use it cuz I rarely think about the term Father Time LOL but thats me.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Do I see it personally? No, but then the stereotypical "mother earth" archetype isn't any more real for me than Father Time would be. I can see the logic behind it for someone who follows that type of belief system, though.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Yes, Father Time is a God. He is a modern version of Khronos. If I were to work with him, I would choose his consort Ananke, not Gaia, but there's no reason why you couldn't use the combination. I believe that all Goddesses are one Goddess, all Gods are one God, and ALL is ONE. Each person can use their own names for and physical descriptions of the Gods, but they are all ONE to me.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:12 AM on Feb. 21, 2010