Why did my dh say this to me? (He is so mean sometimes)

My dh told me that I am probably the type of woman that would stray bc of what I told him. The other day we were arguing about something he was being mean to me he was not being sympathetic with my feelings...He's like I don't get it I get you anything you want and you act this way. I tell him I appreciate all that you do but I don't ask for all this I would be happy just being me plain, simple with no worries.
He's like I bet you fall in that catagory where the woman says "OOH my life is so bad" I think I will go with this person bc i can talk to him. He makes me so mad that he thinks of me this way. I told him well no. I would not go and cheat on purpose but if I can talk to someone and get the response I would like that would be nice but why can't I have that from you I am trying to communicate here he's more like...why don't youfind that person..I just tell him to grow up and stop being so insecure. Venting...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I see your husband's point of view. He gives you what he thinks you want and then you tell him you aren't pleased with his efforts and would prefer things more simple. You chose this man to be your husband, accept him as he is now and don't try to change him. If you wanted a more simple man, you should have married one. Nothing your husband said strikes me to be "mean" at all. You are being overly sensitive and he is recognizing that in you. And he's right, women who are all wrapped up in their feelings and are hard to please are the ones that stray, even if it's just emotional straying, because they want someone to coddle them.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Is there an actual question here? He said that because that's how he feels. You get mad that he doesn't listen to how you feel, but when he confides his insecurities in you, you run to CM to post and bitch about it?

KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 11:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• is he upset because you are talking to another man as a friend...because that sounds like the case?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• none of that made sence. and from my standpoint it sounded really immature on both ya'lls part.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• No No No Why do things have to get twisted all I am saying is why does he say these things to me I have not said or done anything to him...I honestly feel he is insecure. All I wanted to do is vent you don't have to be such a witch KAROGREENLY If I want to come to CM for advice I can It's witches like you I hate.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• it also sounds like maybe he works a lot and doesnt have time to talk with you about stuff you want to talk about. You should agree to make time. Pick one day a week to have your deep conversation time to discuss everything thats gone on all week
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2010