How often to you go through your kids' things?

I have 2 kids.. An 8 year old boy & a 3 year old girl. I used to go through my daughter's things A LOT...since she grew out of stuff quicker than she does not... but, now that, that's slowed down a lot and we don't have as much $$ to buy them new things as often... I can't go through their things and get rid of stuf to make room for new things...

How often to you go through your kids' toys & clothes to get rid of stuff?

Briyawna

Asked by Briyawna at 11:10 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Every year at chrilstmas time for toys. Cloth more because I have a 6yr and 3 yr old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Spring & Fall for sure and any other time where things start to overflow. What I do about clothes at other times is to have a box in the laundry room that when I notice something is getting to small, torn, stained, etc then I just toss them in it or the trash. This helps keep the excess clothes that don't fit them out of their drawers. I also shop all summer long at yard sales for the next year so I always have plenty of clothes for them at a great price.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:13 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I dont have a system. I just do it every once in a while. Around christmas and birthdays are good times. clothes I do as they start changing sizes.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Usually, about every other month or every 3 months. Definitely before Christmas, birthday, and back to school.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2010