Parent/Teacher conferences, does your school have them?

Our elementary only has them for the first report card.

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 11:10 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes. Two times per school year. My children are in grades 1st and 4th.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:16 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I think its only once a school year. Maybe twice. However we can come in, e-mail, call, or write notes anytime we need to talk to a teacher. I have great relationships with my SK's teachers.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Ours schedules them twice/year, but I meet with them every quarter. My kids teachers have always been very open to meeting/talking with me whenever I wanted to.

Answer by missanc at 11:29 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• yes and I actually dred them lol cuz then I have to face up to the teacher when she tells me the unknown mischeif my kid has been up to especially the 12 yr old. I especially hate the program at the jr. high you have to stand in huge ass lines for hours waiting to talk to each teacher and each teacher has it's long asss line!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Yes. A the elementary you set up a time for a 15 min conference with whichever teachers you want to meet with (like if your child sees a reading teacher as well as his classroom teacher, etc). They do this in the spring and in the fall. For the middle school and high school levels they don't have set times, they just have chairs outside of the rooms and the teachers meet with whatever parents stop by for about 15 minutes and than move onto the next parent sitting outside the room.
    easinpc

Answer by easinpc at 12:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• yes, my daughter is in kindergarten and we had one in november..and another one coming up the end of march..i look forward to them, i like hearing what she has to say about my daughter, its not always good..lol...but hey..gives me an idea of what she's like when i'm not around. and i always wonder that..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Yes, one parent teacher conference for the first report card in december. A parent teacher conference in April. You can request one. My daughter's teacher does communicate by e-mail, phone and in person. I love communicating with him by e-mail.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 4:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Ours has them for everyone after the first quarter, but later, only for those who need intervention or have concerns.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My son has autism,so we have a once yearly IEP instead. It's on Monday for us in fact!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:32 AM on Feb. 19, 2010