how can i stop my hubby from abuseing me?

i dont want to leave my husband but if he keeps hitting me i dont know what i can do to make him stop we have been married for 8 years and have 3 children together.but whenever he gets the chance he punches me in the head.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• you leave. why the hell wouldnt you want to leave? thats about the only way you will get him to stop. or call the police on him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• If this is in fact a serious question...all you can do is leave. Or call the cops. But, I would leave before it gets so bad that you end up in the hospital, or he decides to hit your children or your children think that this is how a relationship is suppose to be.

KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 11:28 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• wow..im really thinking this is a troll post...who the hell WOULDNT want to get away from someone that punches them in the head every chance they get.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 11:28 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• You need to leave. You don't want your children to think this is ok for there Dad to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• You can't "get him to stop" unless you get some help. Call the police, and get out. If not for you, then get the hell out for your kids!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I'm very sorry. Sounds like a rough situation.

Abuse is never okay, and abusers don't just up and change because you want them to, or because you threaten that you'll leave. You could end up the next "Laci Peterson" Dead. Sorry to be blunt but it could happen.

Your kids don't deserve what is going on, and will surely learn their fathers ways if you don't leave. I'm sure you don't want your kids to be abusers when they're older, or to be abused because they find it normal right???

Leaving is probably easier said than done. DO IT FOR YOUR KIDS and for you. You're the only line of defense for your children, don't let them down. Don't let them wake up one day with no mommy.

National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE(7233) or TTY 1−800−787−3224.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 11:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• You say you have 3 children then you LEAVE! Your children are being taught 1 of 2 things. Either to become abusers theirselves or to become abused. If you don't leave then this is what they will most likely become. Also if he is beating on you chances are he will one day start on them when you are not around and you will not be able to protect them.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Leaving or kicking him out are really your only options. If you need help kicking him out call the police.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• LEAVE its the only answer, by staying, your giving him permission to keep doing it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

Because lots of women that get abuse do not feel they can leave. The man abusing will make them feel this way. They are scared.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Feb. 18, 2010