Anyone with an IUD- do you bleed after sex? TMI maybe..

Sorry if this is TMI for anyone, but last night my DH and I were really into it, kind of going at it hard, you know, and when we got done I went to the bathroom to clean up, and I realized I was bleeding, like a lot. It didn't hurt, and it wasn't my period because it only lasted about an hour. I checked and IUD strings are still there, and I can't feel it coming out, but I'm worried like did I tear something or is it normal? I've had my IUD for 20 months or so, and I've never had a problem like this before.

Thanks for any input!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Health

• When I had my copper IUD that happened to me ALL THE TIME. It was really bad. I was really worried about it, so I went to my doctor. I found out it was because I have endometriosis and fibroids. I had to have my copper IUD taken out (because it was actually making it worse). Since I had my copper IUD in for about 16 months at that point, it had gotten pretty bad and I ended up having surgery, and I can't have anymore children because of it. I am telling you this because you need to get it looked at if it becomes a recurring problem. I just let it go, and now I can't have any more children!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I have the Mirena IUD, would that do the same thing? (If you know)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• i had mirena for about a year and a half before i started bleeding during sex. the first time it was so bad, our bed looked like a murder scene. then it started happening everytime we had sex, but not as bad...it was a huge annoyance so i got it taken out.
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2010