what's 2 young

What's 2 young 2 take a baby 2 the pool im having a baby soon and I always take my 3yr old swimming

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 11:30 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• No baby is too young in my opinion if you keep them shaded and lots of sunscreen and a hat...
    lhunt8

Answer by lhunt8 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• i agree with ihunt8
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Yup, I agree. A LOT of women take their BRAND NEW babies swimming. They can actually learn now if you teach them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Under 6 months is too young for a COLD pool. If you are going to a pool with a regulated temperature you can take them a little earlier - 3 or 4 months maybe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I think any age is great. Just remember that those little baby's get really slippery when they're wet and with a 3 year old it will take a lot more on your part to make sure they both stay safe.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Yeah I agree you can take a new born baby down to the pool, I woudln't recommened putting the new born into the water but I'm sure the baby would love to go with you guys down to the pool. Just make sure to put a lot of sunscreen on the baby, even if shes not in the sun, and definatly try to keep the baby outta the sun as much as possible. Maybe put on a cute hat or something
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 11:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

This exactly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2010