how do you get someone to understand something when they think your always being rude and putting them down?

when i talk to someone i am extreamly considerate of there feelings. to this person me saying " you cant prop the bottle up while hes eating" is putting them down and yelling at them! any suggestions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Because that is not what they want to hear or they really think you are or you are. I don't know the questions and have not seen what you have said. So just trying to give a explainion for what it could be.  Just move on and quite tring to help them out. Since they feel you are always putting them down or yelling.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• When advice isn't needed or wanted, don't give it. Or give it less often. They may feel you're criticizing there every move so everything you say puts them on pins and needles.

Also sit down and tell them, I've noticed I'm coming across to you, differently than I'm intending to. What can I do? They'll be able to tell you more than any of us here. :D

Good luck
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 11:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• i try and it never works. Unless its positive my bf dont want to hear it. he rather stay on the computer all day; day in and day out! and try to get with outher chicks
    Anonymous

• Start out with 'you might try...' or 'it might help to' do it this way because ...then state the positive aspect of your suggestion...without condemning them for their way of doing it?
    Anonymous