Therapy who should be there and who shouldnt

Now. quickly my sd is suppose to be in therapy. BM has opted not to take her. My dh and I did. Bm is now pissed. Now there was one joint session between myself, dh and bm. Now bm doesnt want me involved whatsoever. She is trying to blame everything on me. Now she is the abuser of this child. The therapist does see this but cant take sides. Now my question is does bm have the right to kick me out even though the child comes to tell me the horror stories. Should my my dh handle this alone or should he take a stand and make sure i am involved. By the way this is for sessions purely for bm and dh. Like I said it was tried before and didnt work. Plus, bm has done and said things about me personally which I believe warrants me to be there. Advice please?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Your husband needs to be the parent and do what he can to stop the abuse. Therapy won't do it, CPS will.
    Anonymous

• If it were me, I would let sd know that you care and are there for her and if bm is acting this way then just step back and say ok. In the end, it will come back.
    Let dh and bm and sd work things out.
    I do not know the entire situation but you are asking for opinions and to me this would be the best one. No matter how you feel about the situation and how involved you are, be the big person and step aside and just show support and love and do not let bm get to you. Honestly, this is the only way, from what you posted, that bm has control over you so this is my answer to you! Step back and see what happens.
    Good luck!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• CPS has been involved and is no help to us.
    Anonymous