Any bad experiences with this hair dye?

I'm trying to use a healthier hair color for my hair and i'm about to try clariol (Natural instincts) in light blonde on light blonde hair. Has anyone had a bad exp. with this hair dye?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• ummm ya just don't use the dark colors I tried going auburn my freakin hair turned out maroon!
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Never had a problem. I used a dark brown color and had no problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Any store shelf color is probably not safe for your hair. You don't know whats in it, what the undertones are, and how to fix it if it grabs green or ashy on your light blonde hair. It also has metallic salts in it to hold the color in longer. Those never come out and if you ever try to do other things to your hair later on it can affect the outcom severly. It's not that expensive to get a service don't like PM shines or a professionall all over color done. $35 to $40 bucks now for a professional, or more later after paying for the box and paying to get it fixed if something goes wrong. I see this every single day. I make more money off fixing a home color than the person coming in to just get it done to begin with.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• no problems for me- what is your natural color?
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• my natural color is light brown but I've been dying it blond since I was 13!
    Anonymous

• It makes it ashy and washes out and damages it. I would pass...........
    Anonymous

• One.. it's box color. Normally 20volume developers. Unless your a blond or light or already have hair color.. your hair isn't going to develop properly.

Best thing to do is to go and get a few protein treatments BEFORE coloring your hair. This will put the protein that is needed back in your hair. Then go and get it developed. If your hair is only 1 level lighter than the desired color, then not much damage is going to get done to your hair.. and in some color lines, like the ion series, only need a 10 volume developer which would be less damaging than box color. If you are going a shade darker or just toning the color of your hair.. than any color line with a 10 volume developer will work.. however if you are going more than 2 shades lighter.. you will need to decolorize your hair.. and this can be damaging if you are already blond. Especially if it's not a natural blond that's already on your hair.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• "ummm ya just don't use the dark colors I tried going auburn my freakin hair turned out maroon! "

what color were you before then? The problem with box colors are, they are what they are.. ifyou don't have an understanding of the color pigmentation at different levels of hair color, and what color on top of color can do to your hair, you're going to have problems like this. If your hair turned out maroon and you wanted a more auburn color (or a coppery brown) You need to put a color over it that will mute out the purple... that being a yellow(gold) toner. So.. all your salonist would have to do is, find the level of your hair and add a gold toner to get rid of the purple.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• "Those never come out and if you ever try to do other things to your hair later on it can affect the outcom severly."

I think you mean henna.. but metallic salts are found in some box colors and can completely ruin any other chemical treatments applied to your hair. You'd need to demineralize to get rid of them and it can be a pain in the butt.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Okay.. so you have been coloring it blond... from a light brown.. what color blonde is your hair now? a light blond you say.. but what are the underlying colors.. a brassy tone that you dont like? or a little too much red? Etc... these are all things you need to understand when using colors to determine what colors to put overtop of this to get the desired color you really want.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2010