Have you ever lied or would you ever lie to get a job?

Some seem to think it's okay to lie to people just to get a paycheck.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Probably not. I suppose it would depend on how dire the situation was. I am a horrible liar though, so anyone with half a brain could see through me if I were trying to pass a lie. But I know people that lie all the time, so much so that you can't even tell when they are telling the truth or lying. Sometimes I think they are even convinced of their lies. Sad.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:45 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• No.

My educational background, skill and work history/experience are enough-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• yes i have lied and i will continue to lie to get paid
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• No. If I need to lie about something, then I don't know how to do the job, and they will find out quick enough that I can't do it, and I would lose the job. Kinda pointless to lie to get a job.

7
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• so, as i posted a bout 2 weeks ago, peole have to LIE to get what they want, this is the way it goes i guess, im going to start lying so i can have whatever want.. im calling socail services today and getting on all kinds of PA! haha bc im too lazy to work. shshshshhshshs.. im going to lie and tell them i cannot work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• yup
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• It's not worth all the trouble you can get into. I would also feel quilty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• people lie all the time to get PA. Would you rather someone lie to get a job or lie to get PA?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Hummmm good question. I think it depends on the lie. When I was 14 I started working at McDonalds, I worked there for 4 years and I quit (I put in my two weeks, and left on good terms) for another job. The other job didn't work out, (I was a nanny and the mom was CRAZY, and moved out of the state the week I started) so I ended up just not working for about 4 months, focusing on the last 4 months of high school, being able to go to all of the dances, games, senior activities, etc. So now on applications when I'm asked "Why did you leave this position" I just put the latter, not that I quit for another job. (It is easier than explaining the pyscho mom thing)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• 60% of all job applicants lie to get a job.
    It was 40% when I was working.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:53 AM on Feb. 18, 2010