Why does the Republican party symbol....?

Why does the Republican symbol have UPSIDE DOWN stars on it? After all the elephant is not upside down why would the stars be? It did not used to be like this.

Since An upside down five pointed star(often with a goat head inside) is frequently associated with Satanism isn't this a bit too close for comfort?. What good reason could they have for changing it?

Here is a post with the symbol

http://www.cafemom.com/group/99198/forums/read/10850764/Fox_Nation_uses_quot_derogatory_even_racist_quot_term_quot_anchor_babies_quot?email_id=432787697

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I hadn't noticed...Maybe it is just ia reflection of their perspective on the world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• A pentagram, no matter WHICH side is facing up, is not a symbol of satanism. This is a common misconception perpetuated by religious zealots. It started when Paganism was being wiped out and Catholics labeled anyone who was not Christian as Satanist. The pentagram is actually symbolizing the interconnection of the elements and life, and there is no up or down.

I think you're reading way too much into it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I think symbols are way more important than most people think.
    Anonymous

Really... How do you interpret the importance of a question mark? :oP

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Who knows O.P... I guess write the GOP/RNC and ask them. But I have heard Ati_13's explaination before.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I really don't know, but I just think of it as a STAR, not a pentagram.

7
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• A star is by definition a pentagram.

And even if it is thought of as a star it is still upside down for some reason. The same shape is found in the careful layout of Washington DC along with other symbols. For one reason or another someone is taking symbols very seriously.
    Anonymous

• When I looked up pentagram in google images, I saw it going in all directions. Can someone who's into witchcraft help us out here? Is there a specific direction the pentagram should go?
    Anonymous

• An upside down five pointed star(often with a goat head inside) is frequently associated with Satanism isn't this a bit too close for comfort?

This is the point when I quit taking you seriously. Nobody who actually knows what they are talking about would say such a thing.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Is there a specific direction the pentagram should go?

No, and a witchcraft pentagram has nothing to do with satanism, either.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2010