Do you use a bumbo?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 11:57 AM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No. Although it's proven safe, I've never felt it was safe.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:00 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• eatingOoohh...I'd love a bowl of Gumbo

Anonymous

• I bought it for my DD but she ended up not liking it. She would only stay in it for maybe a couple of minutes. She preferred sitting in her high chair if she couldn't lay down.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 12:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• no. I prefer for my children to learn to sit unsupported.

Anonymous

• my husband's cousin bought us one, we sat my son in it on the floor a couple of times but he didn't seem to like it much, and neither did we. i can't believe they cost so much and don't really see why people buy them... but my husband's cousin did say that her son loved it, and so did she.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• my Baby girl HATED it. Hate may not be a strong enough word.......
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 12:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My DD would cry the second you put her in it, I think it was just uncomfortable for her. It pushes in the lower back so they sit straight. I gave mine to a friend, not sure how it worked out for her.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• No. It's yet another stupid, unneeded, overpriced, plastic baby container contraption. The floor is free, and if baby wants to practice sitting supported my arms and lap are free too, Babies shouldn't be forced to sit up.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My son LOVED his, but then again we used it when we did not have a high chair and he wanted to be apart of dinner, our table is a large one, and we always kept hot food in the kitchen (not on the table) so we would just sit him in his bumbo and then on the table with the rest of the family. It was a great tool for me to use for that short time span and I could feed him some yogurt, it was just a great stepping stone to his highchair.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• DD loved hers. We got the bumbo used, but bought the tray and used it as a high chair until she was 6 months old when we got the high chair. It was also a great place for me to put her when I had to use the bathroom, and it was also great to take with us when going to see family or friends.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 7:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2010