California Governor candidate Meg Whitman?

I don't get how she wants to cut 10,000 state jobs... but one of her main goals is to "Create more jobs" for people...???? Most state workers have gone to college for their jobs! She also wants to make all welfare cases get jobs or job training.. Which is a good thing... UNLESS you WERE a state worker who went to college and worked hard for your occupation then got fired and had to get on welfare to help pay for all your hard earned possessions!

I mean seriously! She doesnt think cutting 10,000 state jobs isnt gonna make welfare and job crisis worse for people?

Pretty much everyone in my family is in some kinda of state job.. From corrections to Psych nurses in state hospitals...

The budget cuts arnold took from state workers has already screwed up all state workers lives.. Tons have lost homes and more because of it...

Is it just me or is this lady crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't get how she wants to cut 10,000 state jobs... but one of her main goals is to "Create more jobs" for people...?

Government Jobs do not help the economy. They hurt taxpayers by costing money. Private sector jobs help an economy. California is hemorrhaging jobs, people, and cash... Government jobs only hurt the people of California.... Lower taxes, but government jobs. Clean house.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• *cut government jobs*
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• ^ Agreed. She is a strong candidate-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• It makes a lot of sense to cut gov't jobs. If revenue is down, how does the state PAY for those jobs? And yes, people on welfare should be working or at least LOOKING for a job. I'm not fond of Meg Whitman (from eBay experiences) but she does have some good common sense ideas about bringing Cali under control.

29again

Answer by 29again at 12:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Meg Whitman was the CEO of Ebay for 10 years. She has a very strong BUSINESS sense! If she feels that she can eliminate 10,000 state jobs, because they are not the most PRODUCTIVE, then I do not see what the problem is! If you are an ESSENTIAL employee, you have nothing to worry about! MANY state jobs are redundant and the people that fill them can OFTEN be replaced by one highly trained, more efficient person capable of doing 2 or more jobs for the price of one! Do you recall the last time you went to the DMV or Post Office? In the private sector jobs I held in my lifetime, I could have completed the daily tasks of many of those government workers before their first smoke/bathroom break!!! LOL

California is just about up the creek, someone needs to take charge, streamline things, and get the state back on track! I think Meg Whitman would be a GREAT governor!

4
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I agree with LK. I work in the private sector in CA, and HAVE worked in the public- night and day I tell you. We have a friend who was a government employee working in a customer call center. In the 2 years this man worked in this position, he answered 1 call. For 2 years, he and his team of 4 took naps, extended lunches and rotated who would come in late/go home early. 2 years....... Sacramento has Furlow Fridays and work keeps getting done, just less ppl on the road. Some of these ppl never learned the meaning of work-wouldn't we ALL like the 30 and done? He!!, I'd be retired AND pensioned.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:00 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• WOW sister. That is true government waste.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2010