Is there a weight limit to adopt a child?

My husband and I were discussing adopting a child as we have decided thats how we want to build our family.. however, I am overweight. I still function and I go to the gym three times a week to work on it. I'm a very active person but I'm 5'5 and weigh 245 lbs. Could that stop me from adopting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That would be discrimination. If they did it would be wrong.

Anonymous

• no that would be really stupid and illegal if they wouldnt allow you to adopt based on weight...
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Wow, I would certainly hope not. That would wrong on so many levels. If there are good people willing to adopt and give a child a good home, the outer appearance should have NOTHING to do with it unless you were so obese that you couldn't function properly.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• No. Its all about how much money they can get from you.
    Anonymous

• No. I know a pretty chunky girl who is in the process of adopting. Good luck!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I would sure hope not that would be wrong, and that sounds wonderful i hope everything works out for you!
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2010