DO YOU SHOP ONLINE

My dh is wanting to start an online business and was curious to know, if you shop online what do you typically buy and why do you buy it and how much of your shopping is done online? Also when you go to shop online do you usually always buy the same things such as clothes, toys, electronics ect... and what would you never buy. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

79BEACHNANA

Asked by 79BEACHNANA at 12:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes, most of my shopping is done online. I buy everything from jewelry to books to electronics, and part of the reason is that online, there are lots of customer reviews. Amazon and QVC are great for that. I won't buy clothes online unless it's from a store I can return or try on at, like Target or Kohls, that has a physical store. When I do buy clothes online from there, it's normally because the physical store is out of my size or a color I'm looking for.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I sometimes shop online. I usually use ebay though, unless I find a deal I can't pass up on. I'm a huge bargain shopper and with the price of shipping, I usually can't justify buying it unless it's an awesome deal. I have bought things like a double stroller online and a playpen (both from Target) only because I couldn't find a better price in town. I pay almost all our bills online though.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 3:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I do a lot fo shopping online for the convenience of it. BUT I do all of my online shopping at reputable, well-known businesses like eBay, Target, Wal-Mart, QVC and HSN. I have NEVER purchased from a little man store online and probably wouldn't because I'd be afraid of getting burned. I think I lot of consumers feel that way or for their own reasons shop mainly at their favorite National stores online rather than individual sellers. So, while admirable wanting to start an online store, your hubby will really have to market it well and build a solid reputation or it won't do too well.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Yes I do a lot of shopping online. Most of my clothing and my daughter's clothing come from boutiques online, places like La Bella Flora, Chasing-Fireflies companies that actually have stores. I am not much of an ebay shopper or anything like that.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:59 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I shop online often.I mainly buy movies,music,antique jewelry,shoes,boots,calendars,and unique gifts.Things I don't buy online- Anything that can break easy in the mail like figurines.Clothing I prefer to try it on before I buy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:48 AM on Feb. 21, 2010