Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when you buy a home for your daughter and two children and her boyfriend (and myself) and it turns out a mistake was made.

Because of the boyfriend (that I dislike immensely and I'm sure he feels the same), I feel that my daughter and I are like strangers since moving in together. Everything I have ever said to him has been twisted and repeated to my daughter. What can I do now??

Answer Question

Asked by jonelli at 11:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • You can grin and bear it, or talk to them to clear the air, or if the house is in YOUR name alone, boot them out to live in the real world so they see how hard it is to pay for everything themselves.

    Answer by vbruno at 11:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

  • If you didn't like him before you bought the house what made you think things would change? I agree with vbruno if you can't come to some kind of agreement send them packing.

    Answer by momto1727 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

  • Youre going to have to sit them down and talk to them all face to face as a family unit, and try to sift the issues and fix them, and if that doesnt work you might have to consider asking them to move if the house is in your name. If the house is in all of your names you should consider requesting that they sell the house and give you your share of the money, or have them buy you out so that you dont have to have any part of the house or the situation anymore. Im sorry that youre in that situation. I seriously hope that things work out.

    Answer by KristinRox at 4:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.