What to feed my 14 month old?

My DD is almost 14 months old, and she chokes on everything we give her. She even gags herself sometimes, my DH and I are afraid to feed her anything, and we still buy baby food....someone help us get her to eat what we eat!! Also I'm not home most nights cause I work, so it would need to be really convincing for the husband!!

TuckyGirl

Asked by TuckyGirl at 1:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stick with baby food for the time being. She may not be ready for textures yet. It took my son a while before he could manage table foods. Start with table foods that are very easy to squish and eat. Very small chunks of soft fruit, any foods that "melt" like Gerbers Puffs or Yogurt melts. Then, as she masters these, add foods that are more solid. You can even try pureeing what you're eating to make it easier for her. If she still is having problems when you go for your 15 months checkup, mention it to you doctor.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Mine liked Gerber Graduates Pasta Pick Ups at that age. I cut them into really tiny pieces. We also still fed babyfood for a while after one year.
    Anonymous

• Applesauce
    proudmama1207

Answer by proudmama1207 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2010