Welfare...

I'm getting sick of all these lazy ass people who are on welfare when they are 100% able to work. Do you feel that a person should be cut off after their child is in school? I do! I have a friend who was been on EVERYTHING for the past 6yrs. Who son is in school full time and there is no reason why she can't work!! I HATE IT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• i agree! lazy people!
    Anonymous

• There is no such thing as 'welfare'.

Don't like it, work to change the laws in your state. In many states even single moms of young children can only get cash assistance such as aid to families with dependent children for a year. Then the state thinks it is better for them to work at McDonalds, put their baby in day care, and use all the money they make for day care.

What state do you live in? If they give away so much it would be nice to know what state it is just in case.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I am on welfare. i am a single mom with a job. I dont think all of the people on welfare ar lazy but i do agee that people take advantage of the system. I honestly dont know how id get by without it.
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• oh yeah thats smart, let someone else raise your baby while you work to pay them. yeah right!
    I get food stamps, but I also work, and pay bills, and send my kids to school. So consider ALL the facts first before opening your judgemental mouth! Yes some people take advantage of the system, (black, mexican, and yes some white trash), but have you ever stopped and thought that there were people doing all they can do, and still not making it. Sometimes people get into tough situations, spouse past away at an early age; maybe provider was driving home and some idiot decided he was more important so traffic laws don't apply to him.
    CONSIDER EVERY ASPECT BEFORE JUDGING EVERYONE WHO RECIEVES GOVERNMENT HELP!
    Anonymous

• I think there should be a limit, some people are on it for YEARS. I just feel that after a certain about of time like 3 or 4 years you should be cut off. SS, Food Stamps and healthcare for YOURSELF not your kid(s) if you are able to work then WORK why should you sit around and sleep and play on the internet while your kids at school when you can be at work wether you are selling houses or flipping burgers, someone else out there could really need and use the money and instead people are milking it. I will judge whom ever I want cause it's not FAIR
    Anonymous