What is your "ideal" number of kids, and why?

Of course everyone is different, I'm just wondering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, I always wanted three kids. I got pregnant at 17 had my first child 2 months after I turned 18. Her father was an abusive jerk, so I left. Met an amazing man when she was 4 months old. We been together 2 years and have an 8 month old together. And he wants two kids of his own, so he agrees on having 3. My first two are 20 months apart, and I like that they are somewhat close in age, thats why we got pregnant so soon, we got pregnant a month after my daughter turned one...and we plan on having another in about 5 years, so our two now will be out of diapers and be able to do more things for themselves. So to answer your question, I wast three kids. 2 isn't enough, and 4 is too much.
    Anonymous

• I want four because I definitely want more than two but I'm OCD and don't like odd numbers...no joke.
    nessani28

Answer by nessani28 at 1:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I would love oodles...but, life has only allowed one. I would love to have more. I don't even know how many. I was unmarried and 19 when I had my son. His "dad" was never involved. So, I promised myself and him that I would be married before I had any other kids. Well, I have never even had an actual boyfriend since then...I am now almost 34. Still single and no sign of anything ever changing. I imagine that I will never marry or be too old to have any by the time I do. And one will be my amount.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• my whole life i always wanted 5 kids..however...now, i think id like to have 3..already have 1..so..2 more to go..first i just have to find a nice guy!! lol seeing as the first guy is an ass
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I have no ideal number and neither does my husband. We are just taking them one at a time and for now, the ideal number is 4! We wouldn't mind more, but the youngest is only 2 months, so not now!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I use to want 4, because I use to babysit for other people all the time and loved it but after having my own I think that is to much now lol. I have 2 girls now DH and I want to try for one more. Might plan on trying this summer
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Well my husband and I have always talked 4. We didn't expect to have them so quickly, our oldest is 3, the next one is 6 months and our third is due before my second is one, lol. As for the fourth, we've decided we will just wait and see where life takes us and if it comes to a point that we can afford a third, both financially and sanity wise, then we will have our fourth. Not really sure why we had settle on four..I just knew I wanted more than one.
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• 2.
    'Cause any more and we'd be financially strapped. I want them to be able to have nice prom dresses. Their own cars when they're 16 (def pre-owned and old, but still, their own!) Be able to go to the college of their choice without having to think about cost. I wanna be able to help pay for their weddings. <3 I wanna be able to take family trips to Disneyland or on a cruise. I want to get them dirtbikes or 4 wheelers when they're teens. =)

BUT also, my attention would be divided even more! I already worry when I pay more attention to one than the other! I have to divide my attention 4 ways (2 kids, hubby, my time) and with more kids I'd be even more thinly stretched! I dunno if I could mentally handle that!!

I'm not knockin' those with more than 2! By any means! I admire those with more patience and energy than me! =)
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 1:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I want three, its jus seems like the perfect amount. I only have one now
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I want two. I used to want like 5, but now that I have one, I think two is enough. I have a girl, and would love a boy next, but if I get another girl, I think I'll be done anyhow! :-)
    Anonymous