Feeling so LOST right now...

I've had a long not-so-good past with my ex (also the father of my youngest child) so back in Nov. I moved out and got my own place. Since then, we've tried to make things work but we just cant get along. He was very verbally abusive & just always putting me down. So for the past 3 months we've been bak and forth but now I think its finally over. We haven't really spoken in an entire month & when he does call all we talk about are the kids. I just got off the phone w/him b/c I broke down & called him in lonliness & he told me he doesn't want to be with me anymore. He's said that before but when i try to move on w/my life, he jumps bak into it. This time it just feels different like it really is over. For the past few yrs ive been depressed about my life & it made me withdraw from alot of people i used to consider friends & aquaintences. I don't talk to anybody anymore & i feel so completely ALONE. How do i get out ofthis?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Go out and find new friends and your life will get back to normal (whatever normal is) You ex sounds like he has he's own problems and he does sound like he is a real loser. You will find someone one day that will be a dream come true just have to wait and watch out and see, it will happen. Don't take this loser of an ex back your child/ren will be a lot happier when they don't have to listen to the fighting and the put downs children hear everything even if we don't think they do they do.

Anonymous

• It sounds like he is fickle person and you are allowing him to manipulate you and your decisions. Decide once and for all and stick to it. Don't allow him to jump in and out of your life. What could this kind of relationship be doing to your kid/s?
    Anonymous

• You did the right thing. You don't need to be with someone who is mean like that. Try to talk to your old friends again or look around for new ones. Church can be a good place to meet people. Some even have singles activities. I used to hate to hear that but it's true. There are also mom's groups. You and your children deserve better that to have to deal with any kind of abuse. Give it some time, you'll be happier and so will they.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes we need to be alone to figure out where we need to be and what direction our life needs to go in. You will not get over it if you keep thinking "I think it's over". It needs to be over in your mind. Get some friends, call your family. I feel alone alot too. I call my mom or my grandmother everymorning so i know that someone is there for me. :) smile
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I agree with anon, get out and meet new people. Join a group, volunteer, go back to school...anything to get out. I started slowly and joined a book discussion group. When I felt more comfortable I went back to school and started networking. Then I started dating. Yes the D word! It takes time but you just have to keep moving forward.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2010